For more information about activating a Blackberry Storm on Alltel, read this post detailing how to activate the Storm step by step. This guide for fixing EVDO is adapted from Labphoto’s comments on my original post.
1. Locate and install a copy of QPST 2.7 Build 301.
2. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7
3. Open QPST. You will need to add the COM4 and COM5 ports. Once this is done, you should see a connection on either COM4 or COM5 with your storm.
4. In QPST, start the client service programming.
5. Click the button to read the phone’s contents.
6. Click on the “PPP Config” tab.
7. Open the “AN” tab.
8. Locate the password field and fill it in with the ESN number of your phone. You can get this from the main QPST screen. Make sure to capitalize all characters.
9. Click the button to write to the phone. The phone will reboot and once the signal comes online, you should have full 1XEV signal.
One last thing, if you are not comfortable doing these changes with QPST, THEN DO NOT DO THEM. You can screw up the phone.